Newspapers In Education (NIE), is a cooperative program of the The Daily World and Stephens Media LLC, and is committed to delivering sponsored copies of the The Daily World as an educational tool., in turn stimulating life-long learning and healthy reading habits in children and adults.
To get your class involved with NIE, Download this Form and get it back to us today!
The Daily World Newspapers in Education
P.O. Box 269
Aberdeen, Wa. 98520
Telephone: (360) 537-3990
Fax: (360) 533-1328
You've read about the school district budget woes and how our local students are struggling and teachers desperately need classroom resources. When you become a sponsor of The Daily World NIE program you enable teachers to receive FREE valuable resources they can use in their classrooms.
What is a NIE Sponsor?
A Newspapers In Education Sponsor partners with The Daily World to provide newspapers and curriculum materials to Grays Harbor and Pacific County classrooms at no cost to the teachers or schools. Sponsorships can benefit particular schools, teacher guides, or can come in the form of more general support for the program.
Why Should My Business Sponsor the NIE Program?
As a cost-effective teaching tool, newspapers in the classroom improve student performance, providing hands-on opportunities and real life examples of how school subjects apply to today's world. Activities using the newspaper help students learn a multitude of subjects like math, science, geography, reading, critical thinking and analysis, social studies, world events, and history.
Everyone wins when your business sponsors The Daily World Newspaper In Education program:
- Your business can support the production and delivery of classroom bundles of The Daily World at a fraction of the retail cost of the paper.
- You may make your tax-deductible donation to The Daily World. 100% of your contribution goes directly to providing newspapers to classrooms in Grays Harbor and Pacific Counties. No administrative fee is assessed so your business receives the maximum tax benefit allowable by law.
- The Daily World will promote your business as a good corporate citizen interested in quality education by recognizing your contribution in several "Thank You" advertisements throughout the year and through the NIE website.
- You will play a role in raising standardized test scores, as research has shown that students in schools with an NIE program score, on average, 10% higher than students who do not receive the newspaper in their classrooms. Additionally, growing demographics in Grays Harbor and Pacific Counties, such as low-income, minority, and English Language Learner students, benefit significantly from NIE programs.
- Target specific market segments by age or location and coordinate program promotion with planned advertising, special events, or educational projects. Increase your visibility in the community through in-paper and online program promotion, and other individually created opportunities tailored to meet your unique needs.
- The Daily World Newspapers In Education guarantees that 100% of your investment goes to students and schools in the form of educational materials. The Daily World absorbs the cost of the NIE staff, delivery of the papers to local schools, and provide you with quality advertising and promotion of NIE and your sponsorship.
How Can I Make My Contribution to NIE?
Levels of sponsorship of Newspapers In Education may vary according to your business' size, needs, and desire to support the program. We are more than happy to speak with you about customizing a sponsorship plan based on the market segment you would like to reach, the geographic area in which you do business, or the type of curriculum materials you would like to support. Each NIE Sponsor receives recognition in The Daily World, a tax-deductible donation to a valuable program meeting a crucial need in our community, in addition to the numerous benefits outlined above.
Ways to Support the NIE Program
Platinum Sponsor - $1,000
Gold Sponsor - $750
Silver Sponsor - $500
Bronze Sponsor - $250
You May Send donations to :
The Daily World Newspapers in Eduction
P.O. Box 269
Aberdeen, WA 98520
You may also call (360) 537-3990 for more information
Donate from your Newspaper Bill
Add a donation to your subscription renewal amount. Check the box at the top of your renewal bill to become a sponsor.
Give students your newspapers while you are on vacation. When you call Customer Service to give dates for Stop and Restart of delivery, make sure to tell them you wish to donate your paper(s) to the NIE program. They will take care of the rest.
Business Sponsorship of our NIE program provides a living textbook - the daily paper - and related learning materials at no cost to students and teachers with the generous support of businesses, organizations and individuals. With the newspapers come curriculum guides, various programs via our website, and specialized learning tabs through out the year.
To Become a Business Sponsor