Let your creativity run wild and make any type of animal, from foxes and owls to imaginative monsters.
• A variety of paper lanterns in different shapes and colors
• Colored paper
• Scraps of fabric
• Embellishments such as feathers, pom-poms, ribbon, felt, boa, yarn and googly eyes
• Craft glue or glue dots
1. Bring out a nice variety of embellishments to get your creativity flowing!
2. Cut out and glue the facial features. If you’re doing this project with a small child (or group of children) you can lay out pre-cut shapes on the table for them to choose from.
3. Use fabric or felt for large shapes, like wings or tails.
4. Finish with a variety of embellishments. You can use buttons or felt circles for eyes and fluffy pom-poms for cheeks and tails.
Dena is the designer and artist behind many home, gift and paper products found at your favorite stores. To ask her how to embellish anything, visit her blog at denadesigns.com.