The Grays Harbor Community Foundation has awarded $68,779 in nine discretionary grants for the second quarter of the year.
The organizations funded include:
• Bobcat Music Boosters for Marching Equipment
• Elma Band Boosters for Marching Percussion Instruments
• Habitat for Humanity for 2014-15 Build Projects
• Hoquiam School District for the Summer CubMobile program
• Leadership Grays Harbor on behalf of Beyond Survival for Wheels for Beyond Survival
• Montesano Bulldog Band Boosters for Bulldog Instrument Acquisition Project
• Ocosta School District for Summer Fun for Wildcats
• South Beach Christian Outreach for Food Voucher Assistance
• Washington Nonprofits for Grays Harbor Capacity Building
Three of the grant awards to Bobcat Music Boosters, Elma Band Boosters and Montesano Bulldog Band Boosters were supported by a Donor Advised Fund held at the Grays Harbor Community Foundation: the Don and Vera McCaw Family Fund. The purpose of the fund is to support music in Grays Harbor and the donor felt that these three projects would allow continued and unrestricted access to students throughout the county.
Dr. Dave Westby, chairman of the Grants Committee noted the variety of projects requesting assistance “There is incredible diversity in our community, there is not a lack of organizations tackling the problems they see in their own backyard. We are pleased to be able to support their efforts in making this county a better place.”
Tax deductible donations may be made to:
Grays Harbor Community Foundation, P.O. Box 615, Hoquiam, WA 98550