How to file for a Pettit Oil refund

Many home heating oil customers of the now defunct Pettit Oil Company have been left wondering what to do to obtain refunds for money they paid in advance.

A “KOMO 4 Problem Solvers” investigation found that an untold number of customers have been left out in the cold as to what to do. They broadcast and published a story detailing the problem and advising customers what to do.

Pettit Oil filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy on Nov. 25 and closed its doors permanently without warning on Jan 17. Home heating oil clients are third in line to be paid back, after “secured creditors” and those who gave money during their bankruptcy, the station said.

Customers should file a Proof of Claim form:, KOMO suggests.

The “Name of Debtor” is Pettit Oil and the case number is 13-47285.

Send it by mail to Clerk of the Court, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, 1717 Pacific Ave., Suite 2100, Tacoma, WA 98402-3233.

Call 253-882-3900 with questions. The U.S. Bankruptcy Trustee, Kathryn Ellis can be reached at 206-682-5002 and, KOMO said.

The story is available here:


Rules for posting comments