Updated 

Residents safe after Raymond house fire


All three residents were safe after a Thursday night fire caused $15,000 to $20,000 in damage to their Raymond home, the Raymond Fire Department reported.

The department was dispatched at about 11:45 p.m. to the 100 block of Ocean Avenue to a report of a residential structure fire. The occupants were awakened by the smell of smoke and found that the wall and ceiling area around their wood stove was on fire.

The three people were able to escape the home quickly and call for help. Raymond firefighters arrived within minutes to find flames on the roof, around the chimney and inside the residence.

They entered the home and knocked down the flames, then spent another 90 minutes on scene extinguishing hot spots on the roof and in the attic and ceiling. In all, 11 firefighters responded and were assisted by the Raymond Police Department.

The residents are staying with local family members.

 

Rules for posting comments