The Daily World
The Celtic musical quartet Craicmore will kick off the 2012-2013 season at the Bishop Center for the Performing Arts at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13.
The Craicmore foursome plays traditional and contemporary music from Ireland and Scotland, adding in hard-shoe dancing, an East Indian shruti box and even a didgeridoo. The group has toured extensively through the western United States and traveled as far away as Shanghai, China.
Tickets for this concert are on sale now at www.ghc.edu/bishop and by calling (360) 538-4066. They cost $15 for adults, $12 for seniors and $10 for students.
The other shows on tap for the upcoming season include:
• Two-time Grammy Award-winning country bluegrass vocalist Kathy Mattea performs at 7 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 28.
Mattea will sing selections from her newest album “Calling Me Home,” plus some of her previous ballads of love lost such as “Train of Memories,” “Lonesome Standard Time” and “18 Wheels & A Dozen Roses.”
• The Grays Harbor College drama department will present the musical “A Year with Frog and Toad,” based on the original children’s stories by Arnold Lobel, on Nov. 2, 3 and 9 at 7 p.m. and on Nov. 4 and 10 at 2 p.m.
• The Grays Harbor Symphony Orchestra will perform with pianist Mike Strickland at 7 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 18.
• The Grays Harbor Civic Choir will perform its holiday concert, including Handel’s “Messiah,” at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 9.
• The Cirque Ziva Chinese Acrobats will take the stage at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 15.
• Disney’s “Beauty and The Beast” is this season’s spring musical. It will be presented at 7:30 p.m. on March 1, 2, 8 and 9 and at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, March 3 and March 10.
• Family entertainer Norman Foote will perform at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 21.
• Patrick Garner will perform “History Alive: Thomas Edison” — recreating some of Edison’s most famous experiments and engaging the audience as the famous inventor — at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 11.
• The Utah Ballroom Company will bring back “Dancing with Your Stars” at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, April 27, featuring professional dancers teaming with local celebrities in a friendly ballroom-style competition.
Ticket prices vary for each show, and tickets can be be purchased by calling (360) 538-4066 or online at www.ghc.edu/bishop.