Here are several opportunities to join others during Lent on “The Way” this year in Montesano:
Tuesday is “Shrove Tuesday” or “Fat Tuesday,” the traditional celebration marking the day before Ash Wednesday and the start of the Lenten Season. Each year in Montesano, St. Mark’s Episcopal Church celebrates this annual signpost in the Christian Year with a grand pancake meal from 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. The meal is free, though a donation to a missions project is welcomed.
Then, on Wednesday, there are two local Ash Wednesday observances. Everyone is welcome to begin their Journey “On The Way” through this historic and meaningful worship opportunity. Ash Wednesday service is a beautiful, symbolic time of meditation, contemplation, repentance and purposeful reflection and commitment to a personal Lenten spiritual journey toward Easter.
1) At noon at St. John’s Catholic church led by Father Bryon Dickey
2) At 6 p.m. at St Mark’s Episcopal Church led by pastor Lorraine Dierick and Pastor Bonnie Campbell. A soup and bread meal and time of fellowship follows.
Beginning Friday and continuing on all the Fridays of Lent, the Montesano Ministerial Association will host a series of Friday Lenten Lunches and short services designed to offer the community a simple opportunity to gather for prayer and reflection on our own Lenten commitments and Journeys.
A light soup and bread lunch will be served beginning by 11:45 a.m. and a brief service will start about 12:15 p.m. and last until 12:45, giving folks the opportunity to fit this into their lunch hour.
The theme this year is “On The Way.”
For More Information on these Lenten opportunities, call the Montesano Church of God at (360) 249-3242.
Lenten Luncheon Schedule:
• Feb. 15, Montesano First Baptist
• Feb. 22, Montesano United Methodist
• March 1, St. Mark’s Episcopal
• March 8, Montesano Church of God
• March 15, Montesano United Methodist
• March 22, St. Mark’s Episcopal
• March 29, 7 p.m. Community Good Friday Service at Montesano United Methodist