Saturday, Oct. 26
• Elma High School Competition Dance/Drill Team Boosters will host a Halloween dance for children and their families from 6 to 8 p.m., at the Elma High School Commons. $5 per child ages 3 and up/adults and children under 3 are free. Costume contests, “witches brew” refreshments and make your own creepy cupcake bar are planned.
• Ocosta 2014 Senior Parents will host a Haunted Forest at 7:30 p.m., at the American Sunset RV Resort, 1209 N. Montesano St. in Westport. Tickets are $5 per person and proceeds will go toward the 2014 Ocosta Safe and Sober graduation party.
“Come join us on a hayride filled with blood-curdling screams and horror and you ride through the Haunted Woods,” says their press release. “Remember to keep you hands inside the hayride or you might feel the bite.”
• Aberdeen Downtown Trick or Treat is scheduled from noon to 2 p.m. throughout the downtown area. Police Explorers will be helping children cross the busy intersections.
• Haunted Hoquiam Trick or Treat will be held from 1 to 3 p.m.
• Emerson Manor Haunted Halloween Lobby from 1 to 3 p.m. at 703 Simpson Ave. Use the Simpson Street entrance. Bring a non perishable food item for the Hoquiam Food Bank.
• Ocean Shores Elks Spaghetti Dinner and Halloween Party will begin with a no host bar at 5 p.m., dinner at 6 and a costume party and dance at 7. Tickets are $10 per person and available in the lodge office. All proceeds will benefit the Elks scholarship fund.
For more information, call 289-2581.
• Adult Halloween Dance will be held from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the McCleary VFW Hall. Music provided by Black and with Ken Drake. Tickets are $10 per person and proceeds will be used to repair the building. Costumes are optional.
Saturday Oct. 26-Wednesday, Oct. 30
Not-So-Haunted House, sponsored by the Grays Harbor YMCA Senior Companion Office, will be open from 1 to 5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday and 6 to 7:30 p.m., Tuesday and Wednesday in the Hoquiam Masonic Building, 508 8th St.
Pirates Cove, Lion King, Cat in the Hat and many more storybook characters will be attending.
Tickets are $2 per child with no charge for adult escorts.
Tuesday, Oct. 29
Halloween Jazz Concert will be held at the Elma High School Commons at 7 p.m. Elma and Montesano high schools’ jazz bands will be playing. A Halloween costume contest will be held after the concert.
Wednesday, Oct. 30
• Hoquiam Timberland Library’s “Halloween Teen Scream” will be held from 3:30-6:15 p.m. Teens are invited to share spooky stories, play games and decorate a mini pumpkin for a contest. For more information, call 532-1710.
• South Bend Timberland Library will host a Halloween Make-up Party for teens from 3:30-4:30. Make-up kits will be available for teens to experiment with. For more information, call 875-5532.
Thursday, Oct. 31
• 15th Annual Elma Downtown Trick-or-Trick will be held from 3 to 6 p.m. The event is sponsored by Elma Chamber of Commerce.
• Elma Middle School’s Harvest Fair is scheduled from 5:30 to 8 p.m. and features games, pumpkin decorating and treats.
• Teen Halloween Dance, sponsored by Grays Harbor Fire District No. 5 will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Elma Grange. Bring a donation of canned food. Nachos and hot cocoa will be provided. A costume contest is planned.