A fire at an apartment complex on the 200 block of North E Street in Aberdeen forced residents to evacuate.
A Daily World photographer on scene said the fire started at about 9 a.m. and said firefighters were blasting water on the apartment complex, although the fire appeared to be contained to just one or two units, not the entire structure. Smoke was noticed from several blocks away.
The fire appeared to be a wake-up call for some residents, with many in their night gowns and sweat pants outside. The American Red Cross was being called to help place residents, who may not be able to go back into the building.
Official word from the Aberdeen Fire Department was not available by press time this morning.