Firefighters save dogs from burning home


Firefighters from Raymond and Pacific County Fire District No. 3 rescued 11 poodles from a burning Raymond home Tuesday morning, resuscitating several of the dogs, performing CPR and saving one that was found not breathing, Raymond Fire Chief Todd Strozyk said. Several of the dogs suffered smoke inhalation.

“Never had we had to deal with so many dogs at one time,” Strozyk said.

The fire on the 2200 block of Kelsey Street was reported about 10:30 a.m. The side and back of the two-story home was in flames when firefighters arrived. They were able to knock down most of the fire quickly, but found that it extended into the upstairs and attic.

The owners of the home were not home but there were 11 dogs in the house.

The home suffered heavy damage from heat, flames and smoke.