Humptulips fire


Fire destroyed a three-story “A-frame” house on Groseclose Lane in the Humptulips area Thursday night.

Ellamae Boggs and Buck Nichols, who lived at the home, were not injured. One dog and eight cats died in the fire, Boggs said. Six more dogs made it through the fire, she said.

She said she believed the fire was caused by an electrical problem. Officials from Fire District 17 were not available for comment Friday.

Boggs said she and Nichols are staying in a trailer offered to them by a neighbor, Bruce Brown, and they are receiving help from the Red Cross. She said they hope to rebuild on the site.

She was particularly grateful to members of the fire crew who gave up their Valentine’s Day plans to respond to the fire.