A man painting a business on First Street in Aberdeen was shocked by a power line and was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, according to officials with the Grays Harbor PUD and the Aberdeen Fire Department.
The man was in a mechanical lift when his paint gun apparently struck the power line.
PUD spokeswoman Liz Anderson said that 40 customers on First Street in Aberdeen lost their power just before 11 a.m. on Saturday. Aberdeen Fire Captain JR Streifel said that the power to the lift also wasn’t working, which made it more difficult to get him down.
Eventually, the man was transported to Grays Harbor Community Hospital and then airlifted to Harborview Medical Center. The extent of his injuries aren’t known, although Streifel said it appeared to be life threatening.
The man’s name has not been released. Hospital privacy laws don’t allow patient conditions to be released without a name.
Power was restored to the area about 2 1/2 hours after the incident.