RV catches fire in Aberdeen


The Aberdeen Fire Department responded today to a fire accidentally set in recreational vehicle, department officials said.

The fire happened sometime around 7:20 a.m. in an RV parked on a lot on the 1000 block of Summit St. Firefighters were called to the scene but upon arrival found out that area residents had extinguished the fire with garden hoses. Battalion Chief Troy Palmer said the fire started on a couch in the RV, likely due to cigarette smoking. After the fire was put out, the RV was still filled with smoke. Firefighters were successful in searching the trailer and rescuing a small dog suffering from smoke inhalation. No one was hurt in the fire.