Fire marshal blames dog for house fire


BREMERTON

Fire marshal blames dog for house fire

The Kitsap County fire marshal’s office is blaming a dog for a house fire that killed three dogs.

The Kitsap Sun reports that one of the stove burners turned on Thursday when no one was home except the resident’s four dogs. The fire marshal’s report theorizes that at least one of the animals apparently jumped up onto a kitchen counter to get some food and inadvertently turned on the burner.

The owner returned home to heavy, black smoke. She was able to rescue one dog but the others died.

Fire damage was reported in the kitchen area with smoke damage throughout the house.